Fawad Khan wins Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut
Actors from Pakistan, debuting in Bollywood has become a trend among the Pakistani actors and from the latest lot Fawad Afzal Khan won the Best Male Debut at the 60th Filmfare Awards. Actor and national heartthrob Fawad Khan on Saturday night became the first Pakistani to win the prestigious Filmfare award in the Best Male Debut category.
The 60th Filmfare Awards were held to honor the best films of 2014 from the Hindi-language film industry at the Yash Raj Studio in Mumbai. Other nominations in this category were Tahir Raj Bhasin (Mardaani), Tiger Shroff (Heropanti), Sharib Hashimi (Filmistaan) and Freddy Daruwala (Holiday).
Fawad received the award from Sonam Kapoor and Jhataleka Malhotra. On receiving the award Fawad thanked Anil Kapoor, Rhea Kapoor (Producer), his co-star Sonam Kapoor, Disney Productions and the entire team of ‘Khoobsurat’ and also spoke about his experience on working on the project.
Fawad further thanked his fans and said “You guys are the instrument of my success. It is beautiful to get love from people in India and Pakistan.” Fawad wore a grey Dior suit with a pin striped waist coat to complete his royal look that he is famous for and was accompanied by his wife on the red carpet.
While Fawad has brought a second Filmfare for Pakistan, renowned pop star Nazia Hasan was the first Pakistani to be awarded the Black Lady in 1981 for her song ‘Aap Jaisa Koi’ in the category ‘Best Female Playback Singer’.
Following is the complete list of winners of the 60th Filmfare Awards:
- Best Film— Queen
- Best Actor in Leading Role (Male)—Shahid Kapoor for Haider
- Best Actor in Leading Role (Female)— Kangna Ranaut for Queen
- Best Director— Vikas Bahl for Queen
- Best Debut (Male)— Fawad Khan for Khoobsurat
- Best Debut (Female)— Kirti Sanon for Heropanti
- Critics Award for Best Actor (Male)— Rajat Kapoor for Ankhon Dekhi
- Critics Award for Best Actor (Female)— Alia Bhatt Highway
- Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male)— Kay Kay Menon for Haider
- Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female)— Tabu for Haider
- The Lifetime Achievement Award— Kamini Kaushal
- Best Dialogue Award— Abhijat Joshi and Rajkumar Hirani for PK
- Best Screenplay Award—Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi for PK
- Best Story Award— Rajat Kapoor for Ankhon Dekhi
- Best Lyrics Award— Rashmi Singh – Muskurane Ki Wajah for CityLights
- Best Music Award— Shankar Ehsaan Loy for 2 States
- Best Playback Singer (Female) Award— Kanika Kapoor for Baby Doll (Ragini MMS 2)
- Best Choreographer Award— Ahmed Khan – Jumme Ki Raat for Kick
- Best Background Score Award— Amit Trivedi for Queen
- Best Action Award— Sham Kaushal for Gunday
- Best Cinematography Award— Bobby Singh and Siddharth Diwan for Queen
- Best Editing Award— Abhijit Kokate and Anurag Kashyap for Queen
- Best Production Design Award— Subrata Chakraborty and Amit Ray for Haider
- Best Sound Design Award— Anil Kumar Konakandla and Prabal Pradhan for Mardaani
- Best Costume Award— Dolly Ahluwalia for Haider.
Write a comment